Thursday, April 14, 2016

It's Like Going to Class, But I'm in My Bed...

Last week, we did not meet for class. Instead, we had a couple of online discussion boards that we needed to post on before class time was up. I thought this was a good alternative to canceling class altogether since our instructor couldn't be there. It would be a shame to lose out on an entire class period, since we only meet once a week. Posting on the discussions boards caused us to still interact a bit with our classmates while learning new material. And it allowed me to do this without having to leave the comfort of my bed...
The article and video that we viewed were about the concept of universal design for learning (UDL). I think this is a great idea that I want to explore more. It is all about planning learning to make it accessible for ALL students. The article talked about the importance of speech pathologists in this process, so it's definitely something I might encounter in my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment